Green Lighting Remodeling Nampa ID
Lighting Fixtures Retail, Electric Equipment & Supplies Dealers, Electric Equipment & Supplies Job Lots
Commercial-Industrial, Full Line Stocking Distributor
Audio / Video, Home Automation / Systems Integration / Home Networking, Home Theater, Lighting Control, Wire and Cable / Power Management
One or more employees at this company have achieved CEDIA Professional Certification status:- Kyle Baysinger, CEDIA Certified Professional EST II- John Crowder, CEDIA Certified Professional EST III (Advanced EST), CEDIA Certified Professional EST II
Green Addition Remodel - Lighting
Green Lighting and Electrical
Saving energy is very important in today’s environment as the price of energy keeps increasing. Heating, cooling and lighting consume 67% of all the electricity that’s generated. By carefully designing your lighting and electrical needs, you can help minimize any additional load to your current utility bill.Daylighting
Daylighting is an ideal way to increase comfort and aesthetics in a home while reducing energy consumption. Daylighting involves the integration of daylight with electric lighting, overall building design, mechanical systems, and interior design. Some examples:
Light Pipes - or solar tubes, provide natural light for the home's interior.
Skylights - installed on rooftops are intended to bring light into the home but they are not as energy efficient as light pipes.
Clerestory Windows - horizontal, narrow windows set high into walls, just below the eaves, or into cathedral ceilings. They permit low winter sun to enter, illuminating and heating much of the house.
Light Shelves - help channel daylight more deeply into your home.Electrical Lighting
Electric lighting should be designed specifically to supplement daylight.
Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL) Bulbs - Only 10% of the energy emitted from incandescent lights is in the form of light - the other 90% is heat. For each incandescent you replace with a CFL, you will reduce CO emissions from power plants by over 700 over the life of the bulb.